Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Choosing the right Camera-Introduction

This post I know is a day late, and for that I am sorry. Yesterday turned out to be a busy day for me…okay, so it really wasn’t that busy, I just forgot. I wanted a day off to do anything I wanted since today I started headlong back to my classwork for my master’s degree.

Today’s tip is concerning the second most important part of your equipment. Last week we talked about the most important part of photography and that was you as an individual. This week we will discuss the camera.

Having the right camera is imperative for photography. This does not mean that you need to go out and buy a $2000 camera body dslr system that the professionals use to make good pictures, but each camera has its benefits and its hindrances. For most of us the hindrances of the camera body I mentioned is simply the price and the buck would stop there, but costs are not the most important part of picking out your camera.

The most important part is picking something that fits your needs. For some a $25 digital camera is the way to go and it meets your needs, but for others who may not have a computer might have to go with a 35mm camera, and for others, who want to go professional, shooting for magazines or newspapers, might just have to go for the best camera available.

My blog here is not really meant for people in either extreme, but the middle of the road individual. I will not be covering cameras that are super cheap, nor can I afford to pay for the really expensive equipment.

My next few posts will be concerning picking out the right camera for your needs. Here are the topics for the next few weeks.

Topics:

Choosing the right Camera-Introduction (This week)

Choosing the right Camera-Film or digital

Choosing the right Camera-Point and shoot or slr

Choosing the right Camera-Features

Choosing the right Camera-Brand, does it matter which one?

Choosing the right Camera-Cash, the limiting factor

Choosing the right Camera-Where to buy?

Choosing the right Camera-Conclusion

These are not set in stone as there may be others that creep in or sneak out. If you have questions please ask and I will try to answer them. If I cannot, then I will try to point you in the right direction.

No comments: